Wednesday 12th December 2018
- Registration and Breakfast: 8.00am-9.00am
- Forum: 9.00am-5.30pm
- Reception: 5.45pm-7.15pm (refreshments and canapés)
Thursday 13th December 2018
- Breakfast: 8.00am-9.00am
- Forum: 9.00am – 6.00pm
All participants are to use the entrance at 125 Avenue de Suffren. Please bring photo ID.
Breakfast is from 8am, and please ensure you arrive no later than 8:45 to clear security.
UNESCO Headquarters, 125 Avenue de Suffren, 75007 Paris, France
By Public transport:
- By Metro:
- By Bus:
(UNESCO does not offer parking facilities.)
- Taxi Parisien Aéroport – Taxis Grand Paris: +33 1 64 48 85 73
- Uber is available in Paris
- Metered taxis are available at airports
- Time from Charles de Gaulle: approx 55 minutes
- Time from Orly: approx 35 minutes
- Hotel la Bailli, 149 Avenue de Suffren, 75015 Paris (UNESCO discount prices)
- Ibis Styles Paris Eiffel Cambronne Hotel, 166 Boulevard de Grenelle, 75015 Paris
- First Hotel, 2 boulevard Garibaldi, 75015 Paris
- Tourisme Avenue Hotel, 66 Avenue de La Motte-Picquet, 75015 Paris
- Duquesne Eiffel Hotel, 23, Avenue Duquesne, 75007 PARIS
- Other hotels recommended by UNESCO: https://en.unesco.org/sites/default/files/mlw2018-suggested-hotels.pdf
Update on the security situation in Paris
We have requested a security update from our venue hosts at UNESCO. The following statement was provided on Monday 10th December and we will be monitoring closely for updates as the week progresses. We are therefore not foreseeing any security issues at the time of writing, but we ask attendees to keep vigilant to any threats to their safety and follow the advice of the local authorities when in Paris.
Update from UNESCO: The local authorities are sparing no efforts in providing the necessary security in Paris, even when no protests are planned. UNESCO also its own modern security system, which is constantly being updated in close co-operation with the local security forces.
Banner image: UNESCO/Ana Maria Muñoz Caviedes