Procurement and Human Rights in the Sports Context
31 Jan 2017
This White Paper seeks to identify better ways to integrate human rights due diligence into procurement practices for mega-sporting events by examining the human rights roles and responsibilities of host governments, organising committees and delivery partners, with respect to risk mitigation and remedy. The paper considers:
- The likely range of procurement activities across the MSE life-cycle.
- Emerging good practice.
- Existing tools / models for improving human rights good practice.
- The need for leadership by sports governing bodies to ensure leverage with suppliers over the long term.
- The scope for, and potential merits of, approved supplier lists.
- The linkage with and implications of human rights due diligence requirements being built into sports governing bodies tendering documents.
Read the report on IHRB's website.