The Sporting Chance Forum conversations on sexual abuse in sport have been developed to raise awareness of the issue in a supportive and constructive environment. But the content of these conversations can affect attendees in unanticipated ways. Please see the below resources for further information and guidance.
During the Panel
- We understand that the content of this discussion may be hard to hear.
- If at any point you find this panel too uncomfortable, please feel free to exit the room for as little or as long as you need.
- If you do exit/return to the room, please do so at an appropriate moment taking the panel’s conversation into consideration.
Q & A
- If you have any questions or want to offer a comment of support to the panel, please complete your Q&A form and wait for it to be collected.
- Out of respect to our panel members we ask that no question about their specific abuse is asked.
- If your question is not answered during the panel there will be an opportunity to discuss later on.
After the Panel
- Please be mindful that the members of this panel are at the remainder of the conference.
- We hope that you will want to discuss and engage with what you have heard.
- We ask that if you do wish to discuss this panel, you are mindful of who may be listening and are respectful at all times.
Audience Self Care
The content of these panel may affect you in unanticipated ways. Please be aware of the following to ensure best self-care practice following this forum:
Hearing information of this nature can also be traumatic for the person listening. Give yourself enough time to process the information after the event in a quiet/calm location. Be kind to yourself if you are feeling affected by the forum as this is completely normal.
Confidential clinical support (In English and French) is available to you for the remainder of the conference. Please feel free to get in touch to arrange a confidential conversation with us on behalf of yourself, your organisation or another. Please contact Kat Craig, CEO of Athlead, directly on +44 7876680049. Your request can be anonymous.
Please see the below contact information for support relevant to your country. If your country is not in the list please contact Kat Craig on +44 7876680049.
Canada: National Association of Adult Survivors of Child Abuse www.NAASCA.org
France: Comité Éthique Et Sport http://www.ethiqueetsport.com/
Ireland: The Survivors trust http://thesurvivorstrust.org
Japan: RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) www.rainn.org
Puerto Rico: National Sexual Violence Resource Centre https://www.nsvrc.org/states-territories/puerto-rico
Russie: Rape Crisis Network Europe (Russia) www.anna-center.ru
South Africa: Tears Foundation https://www.tears.co.za and South African Male Survivors of Sexual Assault http://www.samsosa.org/wp/
Sweden: Swedish Association for Victim Support, BOJ https://www.brottsofferjouren.se
Switzerland: Federal Office of Gender Equality HELP PORTAL: https://belaestigt.ch
The Netherlands: Rape Crisis Network Europe (Netherlands) https://www.centrumseksueelgeweld.nl
UAE: Dubai Foundation for Women and Children https://www.dfwac.ae/violence-abuse-issues
UK: Sporting Chance Clinic https://www.sportingchanceclinic.com and the Offside Trust (for all sports) http://www.offsidetrust.com